CapX is recruiting for an Assistant Editor.
You will be part of the CapX team, overseeing the website’s day-to-day output. Your primary responsibility will be to edit and commission exclusive articles, as well as finding the best pieces from across the web, and working on CapX’s popular daily newsletter.
Based at the Centre for Policy Studies in Westminster, CapX’s mission is to publish and promote the best thinking and writing on policy, economics, technology, markets and ideas.
The site’s animating ideal is to make the case for “popular capitalism” – to identify and promote the kind of policies that can deliver genuine mass prosperity. So while applicants do not need to be politically active, they should have a basic knowledge of free-market thinking and the centre-right policy community.
Given that we are a small team, there is an opportunity for the successful candidate to become involved in many aspects of CapX’s work, and to contribute to shaping the site’s direction.
Skills and experience
- Experience of editing copy to a high standard
- Experience of commissioning
- Strong writing skills
- A passion for news and politics, both domestic and international
- A good understanding of economics and policy ideas
- Compelling ideas for how CapX can better serve its readers
- Great ideas about potential writers, ideas, and topics
- Experience with promoting pieces and building audience via social media
- Skill with graphics and design, and/or at least a basic understanding of Photoshop
- Experience with online content production, especially WordPress
The contract will be for an initial three months, with the possibility for extension. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The position is full-time and based in our Westminster offices. There is scope for this role to be part-time, if this is of interest to you please state in your application.
send a brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working for CapX, along with a copy of your CV, a sample of your writing work and three ideas for potential CapX pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your salary expectations and notice period, if relevant.